Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Laundry time!



Like I mentioned before, there are certain chores now that as a house wife I have to do...like laundry :) Because if I do't do it, then it doesn't get done.

It's actually fun though doing my little 2-4 loads every Monday. One day, I won't have it this easy, I know. But until then it isn't a bad job at all. Nice to feel like I'm taking care of my little family. Ha, but being in Germany adds a twist to this simple chore. The Army has provided us with a washer and dryer, thank goodness, and over here in Germany you get a choice between an American one or a German one. My husband chose a German one because you can use hot water with that one; but with the American one you can't. I didn't know how I would like this; but I love my little washer and dryer. The washer is a front loader and it is really nice. The only hitch, obviously, is that all the words are in German. LOL. I had to take the time to translate all the words and  figure out my settings for the washer and dryer. I just don't deviate from those setting very much so I don't have to do it all over again. Picking up something and being able to read it is actually a luxury over here :) But that will just help me learn my German even quicker.....hopefully. Maybe then i can do laundry without second guessing myself.


1 comment:

  1. Yes picking up something and reading it is a luxury!!!! LOL....Congratulations on your drivers license. WE got ours this week too! So happy to pass it on the first try, so we didn't have to re-take it!!! Now driving in Italy, expecially in Naples, is going to be comical!!! Prayer before we hit the road!!! Hope you are doing well up there...:) Stay warm...:)

    ReplyDelete